Yemeni white kidney bean recipe/cookbook

I went with a friend to a Yemeni restaurant for lunch. I had 2 white kidney bean dishes that were amazing. On the menu, the dishes were referred to as: soft white kidney beans topped with tomato, and crusty white kidney beans. I would love to make these at home. Anyone know a recipe or a good cookbook? When I asked the server at the restaurant he just looked at me blankly.

• Posted by: Sweets
  • September 10, 2013

Lindsay-Jean Hard September 12, 2013

Perhaps it would be worth trying to contact the restaurant in hopes of getting someone more willing to share recipes or point you in a helpful direction?

Sweets
Sweets September 12, 2013

Thanks. I have plans to go back there next week. I am hoping to get the names of the dishes so I can at least search for a recipe on the Internet.

Lindsay-Jean Hard September 12, 2013

Good luck, and please report back, both dishes sound great.

Diana B
Diana B September 12, 2013

This doesn't have any crusty white beans on top, but does it sound similar? http://yemeniyah.com/2010/07/25/white-navy-beans-adeni-style/

Sweets
Sweets September 12, 2013

It seems a little blander than what I ate, but maybe I'll try the recipe this weekend. Thanks for pointing out the website!