Yemeni white kidney bean recipe/cookbook

I went with a friend to a Yemeni restaurant for lunch. I had 2 white kidney bean dishes that were amazing. On the menu, the dishes were referred to as: soft white kidney beans topped with tomato, and crusty white kidney beans. I would love to make these at home. Anyone know a recipe or a good cookbook? When I asked the server at the restaurant he just looked at me blankly.

asked by Sweets about 5 years ago

former Community Editor

Perhaps it would be worth trying to contact the restaurant in hopes of getting someone more willing to share recipes or point you in a helpful direction?

Sweets

Thanks. I have plans to go back there next week. I am hoping to get the names of the dishes so I can at least search for a recipe on the Internet.

former Community Editor

Good luck, and please report back, both dishes sound great.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

This doesn't have any crusty white beans on top, but does it sound similar? http://yemeniyah.com/2010...

Sweets

It seems a little blander than what I ate, but maybe I'll try the recipe this weekend. Thanks for pointing out the website!