A question about a recipe: Roasted Capsicum and Artichoke Salad

B9e40481 eb65 4e69 9642 80a27f7b2fa6  imgp1367

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Capsicum and Artichoke Salad" from boymeetsgirlmeetsfood. Roasted red peppers in salad - do you have to roast fresh or can you use ones from a jar (like Pastene brand)?

asked by Michele about 5 years ago

Roasting peppers on a gas range is pretty easy. Blacken them on all sides, drop them in a paper bag and let steam. Rub off the skin and then stem and seed them. Don't worry if there is still a bit of blackened skin left on. Alternatively you could put them in a bowl (instead of a bag), cover with cling wrap.
As to jarred peppers I really like piquillo peppers imported from Spain. Excellent flavor and available on-line from Zingermans, La Tienda and Spanish Table. I like the Ortiz brand.