🔕 🔔

Just got some artisanal truffle salt as a gift - what are some yummy ways to use it?

asked by @Mya_Lwin about 4 years ago

My favorite use for truffle salt is on baked potato. It provides a such richness that I don't even feel the need to add butter.

Good answers so far. Flatbreads, cutlets etc. The important thing is to hit them with the salt while the dish is still hot. Unfortunately truffle salt (depending on the truffle used) will give you a pleasing smell once the jar is first opened but it tends to dissipate, sadly, over a fairly short period of time.

D5541489 96fb 4b93 979f 7088809f4b2d  10373075 10100507743110541 5511741949794204925 o
Rebecca Vitale

Rebecca is a Recipe Tester for Food52

popcorn! with lots of butter

84e04bee 8fc8 4bdc 8199 701c1af83294  image

A restaurant in downtown Philadelphia that I love does truffled popcorn as a bar snack an it is AMAZING. I've tried to make it myself at home with truffle oil and it was never quite the same; I didn't think to use butter and truffle salt though!!

2cf1cd1d 3af6 4df4 9218 18de84acecd0  londoneatslogo

How about salted chocolate truffles with real truffle...works with a dark chocolate. Just be careful how much you use...you want to get just a hint of the earthy flavour, but not too much.