🔕 🔔

Hi there! Has anyone tried freezing eggplant? I'm afraid it might be rubbery when thawed. I sliced and roasted it first...

Any success or advice? Thanks!

asked by Coco espresso about 4 years ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Based on the answers in this previous thread it's worked for others! http://food52.com/hotline...

I freeze Moussaka that has been baked all the time. It is not rubbery after it is reheated in the oven. I do this a lot when my garden yield of eggplant is abundant.

Thank you so much. This question originated from a garden yielding so much eggplant. Great ideas!