Our little rice cooker in a *new* red—but not for long! Shop now » details
Certain restrictions and exclusions apply. While supplies last.
🔕 🔔

Uses for Dry Bananas?

Have a few bananas on hand that never quite did their thing and became super-ripe and primed for bread. Instead they are "ripe-ish" on the outside but the center and banana itself is rather dry- a depressing trend I've been noticing with some bananas lately. Other than being pickier where I buy them, anyone have experience using them for anything- making chips or applications to baked goods where dry would be better? Would love ideas/links!

asked by Salvegging about 3 years ago
39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

I haven't tried it myself, but one trick in Cook's Illustrated's Ultimate Banana Bread is microwaving the bananas to make them soft and sweet, then reducing their liquid -- might be worth a try: http://www.cookistry.com...

I make a lot of banana bread and have used the Cooks Illustrated recipe referred to above. It is no better than any other good recipe and a lot more fiddling with the bananas. Not up to their usual standards with this overly fussy recipe.

Banana ketchup. Sounds odd, but it's pretty good (and fairly straight forward). Tons of recipes on the web.