🔕 🔔

how so I make pea purée ?

asked by @janeez26 almost 4 years ago

9e8beeac 72a9 4d1a 9a98 06062244e12e  profilefood52
DeannaMarie

Deanna is a Recipe Tester for Food52

Hi @janeez26 -- are you using fresh or frozen peas? Puree them, freshly cooked (or make sure they're thawed-out if frozen), in a food processor (or blender if you don't have one) with some water (this helps thin it out a bit, use a little to start, and add more if you want it thinner), salt, pepper, some lemon juice, and any spices or seasonings you want to add. Try this recipe to help guide you: http://food52.com/recipes...

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

I also like to add a couple tablespoons of butter, too!

This may sound crazy, but I often like adding a touch of good Dijon mustard to my pea purée (peas, salt, a touch of olive oil). It balance out the sweetness nicely And gives it a little kick.

S

If you want it very smooth, push it through a mesh strainer. A blender will give you a smoother product than a processor.