🔕 🔔

Does anyone have good recipes that mainly uses food from the freezer?

I'm looking for something a bit more inspiring than the usual 'cook from frozen' options so any ideas will be gratefully received!

asked by Hungry100 almost 4 years ago

My freezer is my best friend! Well, one of them. http://thesolitarycook...

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Food52 wrote an article on freezer-friendly food: https://food52.com/blog...
There's suggestions for recipes on the site within the article.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I use a vacuum packer to put left overs and half-cooked items in the freezer and put out as needed. Take a lazy Sunday and make a couple batches of sauces to freeze so you can quickly pull out to add with fresh ingredients as needed. Make some dinner size portions and freeze in a marinade. I would stick with main courses to freeze and use fresh veg for the side dishes.

My favorite college meal: Frozen chicken fajita strips + frozen mixed veggies. Pour into a large skillet or wok, stir in oil and soy sauce, and stir-fry. You can buy the chicken and veggies in bulk and it's quick and easy.