A question about a recipe: Roasted Pork Belly

98392a3e 2859 47fb be03 a6c4bf70c4be  roasted pork belly

Would this recipe (or at least the technique) work with boneless lamb breast? I have 2 lamb breasts from my csa and I'm trying to figure out something to do with them...

asked by ajpelle over 4 years ago

Pork belly and lamb breast have absolutely nothing in common. The pork belly is fat heavy and lamb is relatively lean. The flavors are waaaayyyyyyyyyy different.
Myself, I would be thinking about a Mexican style birria, which is usually made with goat. Otherwise I would go all Roman on you with an abbacchio cacciatoria style stew with the lamb and some mushrooms.

ajpelle

Thanks amysarah - that recipe looks tasty. I was trying to figure out if I should try the rolling/pricking technique from the pork belly recipe - seeing the rolled recipe you offered is helpful. I'll probably try pricking the fat also, because why not?

The $1.89 Lunch Our Editor-in-Chief Swears By

Chickpeas to the Rescue

Curried Chickpea Sandwich

You can count the ingredients on one hand.

Simplest Homemade Doughnuts

Meatballs lend comfort on one family's journey from Mexico.

My Family Recipe: Mexican Meatballs

What's New in the Neighborhood

From weeknight favorites to regional classics.

12 Essential Italian Cookbooks