🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Roasted Pork Belly

98392a3e 2859 47fb be03 a6c4bf70c4be  roasted pork belly

Would this recipe (or at least the technique) work with boneless lamb breast? I have 2 lamb breasts from my csa and I'm trying to figure out something to do with them...

asked by ajpelle over 3 years ago

Pork belly and lamb breast have absolutely nothing in common. The pork belly is fat heavy and lamb is relatively lean. The flavors are waaaayyyyyyyyyy different.
Myself, I would be thinking about a Mexican style birria, which is usually made with goat. Otherwise I would go all Roman on you with an abbacchio cacciatoria style stew with the lamb and some mushrooms.

Thanks amysarah - that recipe looks tasty. I was trying to figure out if I should try the rolling/pricking technique from the pork belly recipe - seeing the rolled recipe you offered is helpful. I'll probably try pricking the fat also, because why not?