🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Cafe Borgia Ice Cream

327a956c 9f15 4ae1 ab8e ac829ff72870  photo

I have a question about the recipe "Cafe Borgia Ice Cream" from laagarf. Could instant espresso be used as a sub for the coffee grounds? If so, how much?

asked by Mollyh about 4 years ago

From the instructions, substituting expresso powder would work and might be easier. I would start with adding 1/2tsp of espresso at a time until you get the flavor intensity that's a little bit stronger than what you like. Why a little stronger? Because this is an ice cream and the cold temperature along with the dairy is going to mute the flavor of the coffee a bit. So you'll want to make the coffee flavor more intense to compensate for this effect.