A question about a recipe: Celery Salad with Soft Boiled Egg and Shaved Bottarga

49576ee1 7b7d 405b b192 985b546040fd  img 1464

I have a question about the recipe "Celery Salad with Soft Boiled Egg and Shaved Bottarga" from Nickanderer. What is bottarga di muggine?

asked by ikramer over 4 years ago

cakesy

its salted dried roe from the grey mullet...usually comes in a little compressed block that can be grated.

That little package of mullet roe will probably set you back close to $40. You can sometimes find dried bottarga in jars. It's not as good but unless you are a restaurant running through a lot of bottarga you probably don't want the big splurge.