Spring, meet grill pan—on sale for $99! Shop now »
🔕 🔔

How should melted chocolate be treated if I want to add it to a cookie batter?

Should I sub out some fat or some sugar? A bit of both?

asked by Cait about 3 years ago
21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

i am thinking about this. depending upon the recipe (what is it? It always helps to be as specific as possible in your questions)I might recommend looking up the recipe for cocoa+ sugar+ butter = chocolate.figure out how much melted chocolate you want to add and then subtract out the sugar and butter for the equivalent made per that formula, and taste. Bake up a few and if they seem not sweet or buttery enough, add those things back into the dough/batter. It won't kill the results to do it that way. Otherwise, if you are simply adding some choc chips to a batter or dough, you may want to remove a little sugar from the basic dough. Figure it this way: after the fact, you can always add ingredients, but it's alot harder to take them away.