🔕 🔔

How can i substitute baking chocolate in this recipe? http://goo.gl/oU9h6P

I am celebrating my first passover seder this year, and it also happens to be my birthday. I'd like to make a special cake, and this one looks incredible. I have just come back from a trip to Belgium, where I bought some incredible baking chocolate. How would I go about using it in this Martha Stewart recipe? Thanks!

asked by aeisenhowerturnbull over 3 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

That does look like a great recipe, and if I were you, I'd save the baking chocolate for something else and follow the recipe to the letter. If you really want to substitute, try it out before your seder. I did some research for you. What I found was that 1 ounce of unsweetened chocolate is roughly equivalent to 3 TB cocoa powder plus 1 TB butter. There are approximately 8 TB in 1/2 cup. So you would use 3 ounces of chocolate and subtract 4 TB of butter. I hope this helps. (Please try it first....)