🔕 🔔

An easy recipe for beans and white rice. Any suggestions?

I have some brown and white beans . I'm not sure how to cook it over a stove and pour the mixture onto cooked white rice.

asked by Jean Millien about 3 years ago

I love the black beans and rice recipe from the All New Joy of Cooking. I make it without the cup of diced tomatoes. Here's a link to the recipe: http://bakinandeggs.com...

F3fdbabe d72e 44f9 919d eecf03b7e10e  liza skitchenlogo

I usually saute an onion in a little butter with some garlic, then add a couple cups of chicken broth and black beans and simmer. I also like to add whatever leftover vegetables I have in the fridge like red peppers, corn, squash, etc. and serve over rice. Very fast and easy.

This is very close to the way a dear friend, raised in Puerto Rico, taught me:
http://www.food.com/recipe...