Radishes

I planted too many radishes. What now?

asked by kimhw over 4 years ago

Lol...as in truckloads or just a couple of plants too many? I only laugh because I am famous for over planting. Unless they are a crunchy garnish for tacos, I really prefer them cooked. So, you could cook up a bunch and freeze them? I haven't tried freezing them, so at your own risk. There is a butter glazed radish from foodnetwork.com out there that is awesome. It may be Nigella Lawson's recipe.

kimhw

As in, last year was just enough with one row. But I was starting to come up with new things to put them in, so this year I planted 4 rows.

I've never cooked a radish so I'll have to experiment.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Make some radish butter along the same lines of Jennie Cook's Zucchini Butter:
https://food52.com/recipes...

Cooked radishes are so good. They become mellow and sweet. I also like them cut in half or in wedges, tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted at 425° until browned and crispy on the edges.

CanadaDan

Pickle them. They'll last in the jar for so long are are great for tacos and anything that requires abit of acidity

Classic French first course - spread with butter, alone or on baguettes. Enjoy.

They're delicious braised. And the greens are good sautéd with garlic and onions! Who'd a thunk? then of course there's always rye bread and radish sandwiches with plenty of salted, cultured butter. :)

former Community Editor

One of our newest columns can help! https://food52.com/blog...