🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Homemade Milk Kefir

2ffa604c 0844 4cf1 a068 f4d7421eec44  kefir 1

I have a question about the recipe "Homemade Milk Kefir" from Emma Galloway | My Darling Lemon Thyme. How many times can I reuse my kefir grains to make a new batch of kefir?

asked by Joanna Ramos over 3 years ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Hi Joanna - I'm sorry you haven't received an answer to this yet, you might want to try sending a direct message to Emma in case she missed the notification for this question. Just go to her profile page (here: https://food52.com/users...) and click the envelope message to send her a note.

B94d3fb8 e3ca 46f4 9014 96f873cefe72  emma small

Hi Joanna, so long as you look after your kefir grains by 'feeding' them with milk and straining them once the milk is fermented, they can be re-used forever! And as mentioned in my post, the grains multiply, so you'll always have loads of extra grains if you'd like to make more or to give away to friends or family. xx