🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: No-Bake Toasted Coconut, Date, and Nut Bars

9801d8c3 15bb 401d acee 0876118e2db5  food52 toasted coconut larabars 140

I have a question about the recipe "No-Bake Toasted Coconut, Date, and Nut Bars" from Jennifer Farley | Savory Simple. I'm looking for a tasty snack bar I can give to my toddler while sneaking in greens. Could I add greens to this bar? If so, do you suggest raw or toasted?

asked by ajpelle about 3 years ago

0a62c55f 38bb 4f00 aefc 1de6685070d9  stringio

Unless they are green m&ms,no, I would not add greens, the recipe would not be improved with the addition of greens. This sounds great just as is

F3fdbabe d72e 44f9 919d eecf03b7e10e  liza skitchenlogo

I totally understand wanting to sneak veggies into things to get kids to eat them, but this probably isn't the best recipe to do that with. Have you tried veggie "chips"? You can purchase them or make them yourself by dehydrating vegetables and adding a little salt. It makes them crunchy (like chips) but it's still a vegetable. You can also cut them into fun shapes with a cookie cutter dehydrate them to make them more kid friendly.