🔕 🔔

Why do my shortbread melt unattractively around the edges?

I freeze the dough in logs, cut it just before baking. Do I need to raise the oven temp? Lower it? Thaw the cookie dough?

asked by Sophie about 3 years ago

"Why do my shortbread melt unattractively around the edges?"
Almost sounds like the dough is undermixed. Also possible, you need to thaw the dough before you cut it. Frozen dough for slice & bake cookies can be crumbly straight from the freezer. The Kitchn advises to let the dough thaw for few minutes before slicing. The temp can remain the same, though the cookies might need a few more minutes to bake. http://www.thekitchn.com...