🔕 🔔

Nutella in place of choc chips?

I don't have chic chips now, so I had a vague idea of placing Nutella in a piping bag, piping little dots, and freezing so when combined with a batter, would bake to give glops of warm Nutella throughout. Is there a better way to go about this, as probably, sometime before the baking process, the Nutella would melt.

asked by Chocolate almost 3 years ago

Can't see why this wouldn't work? Though to make the chips, you might have to add some butter to thin out the Nutella so that you can pipe it into chips. Here's a diy nutella chip 'recipe': http://ivoryhut.com/2010...

84e04bee 8fc8 4bdc 8199 701c1af83294  image

Have you considered a switch to thumbprint cookies with a Nutella center...? Might be easier. Some mixed-in butter would probably help there, too.

6a47baeb df6d 45b2 9bc1 d2348ac48ee8  vtimxrajzbuard4hsj78

I can't think of a reason why this wouldn't work except that they might melt before you get the batter in the oven. I know that they sell chocolate gianduja (basically fancy nutella) in some Italian specialty stores. It's like hard hazelnut chocolate paste. For the future, you could use that if you wanted chips that tasted like nutella but didn't want to go through the process of making them.