Cooking time adjustment for smaller cut of meat

I'm making this recipe with a 4lb cut. How should I adjust the cooking time? I'm 10 hours in and there is a LOT of liquid in the pan is that right? I've only added about 1/3 of the beer the recipe calls for http://food52.com/recipes...

asked by chicagoem almost 4 years ago

Dave on the grill

Don't worry, pork shoulder is very forgiving. If its bone in, then it's done when the bone easily pulls away from the meat. If you have a good thermometer it's done at around 192. If nothing else, push a fork into the meat and twist, if the meat easily breaks apart and there is little resistance, it's done. Patience is the key and I promise you won't over cook a pork shoulder.

chicagoem

Thanks Dave, this is helpful!