🔕 🔔

Cooking time adjustment for smaller cut of meat

I'm making this recipe with a 4lb cut. How should I adjust the cooking time? I'm 10 hours in and there is a LOT of liquid in the pan is that right? I've only added about 1/3 of the beer the recipe calls for http://food52.com/recipes...

asked by chicagoem almost 3 years ago

Don't worry, pork shoulder is very forgiving. If its bone in, then it's done when the bone easily pulls away from the meat. If you have a good thermometer it's done at around 192. If nothing else, push a fork into the meat and twist, if the meat easily breaks apart and there is little resistance, it's done. Patience is the key and I promise you won't over cook a pork shoulder.

Thanks Dave, this is helpful!