A question about a recipe: Down and Dirty Pasta e Ceci

144ce630 9309 417b b70c fee07cab95c4  wfc 12 18 12 0105 pastaceci1

I have a question about the recipe "Down and Dirty Pasta e Ceci " from fisheri. I would love to make this for dinner tonight - have everything except chickpeas. I do have canned cannellini beans which I know are softer than chickpeas, but wondered if they would change the final outcome too much to use?

asked by NotTooSweet over 3 years ago

ChezHenry

You can use them, but then you'll have pasta e fagiole, or pasta with beans! It's a great substitution. My family calls it Pasta Fazool....or pasta e fagiole a sec, which is a dry pasta e fagiole, not souplike, a true pasta dish.

NotTooSweet

Thank you ChezHenry! Can't believe all the quick responses - I think I will give it a try as Pasta Fazool sounds like a great dish!

I think it will be different, but still very good. I would cook the beans for less time because of their softness. Maybe put them in right before the pasta is done.

fisheri

i agree with chezhenry: cannelli makes it more like a version of pasta e fagiole -- and there is nothing wrong with that. i like both but have different ways of making each. for this, id still try to get a can of chick peas. but you can't go wrong. will be very tasty either way.