A question about a recipe: Pistachio Dukkah

7319f8d4 dec5 403d a569 f6b063262829  pistachio dukkah food52 mark weinberg 14 11 18 0099

I have a question about the recipe "Pistachio Dukkah" from eva @myfrontburner. Do you remove the sesame seeds and then toast the coconut? Or do you leave the sesame seeds in the skillet?

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

I haven't made it but I'm pretty sure you leave the sesame seeds in the skillet. The last step says "Transfer the coconut and the seeds to the bowl with nuts".

Panfusine

Like HLA, I haven't made this recipe either, but I do make a similar recipe from South India called Milaga podi with coconut where the the sesame & coconut toasted separately, Sesame tends to brown very quickly thanks to its inherent oil content and adding the coconut to toast after the sesame has already received its share of heat may result in the sesame getting burnt.

Sarah Jampel
Sarah Jampel

That's what I suspected. Thank you!