A question about a recipe: Smoked Salmon Chowder

I have a question about the recipe "Smoked Salmon Chowder" from CarolinaEpicurean. Looking for a Salmon soup/stew recipe with butter, milk, and you put salmon in cheesecloth and place it in broth until cooked and add to soup. Do you have a similar recipe

08698589 e23f 492d a65c f2bc70e86c49  photo 1
Recipe question for: Smoked Salmon Chowder

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen March 20, 2015

I have a recipe that doesn't use smoked salmon but might be what you're looking for..
https://food52.com/recipes...

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN March 22, 2015

with no link to the recipe, i don't really understand the issue. Why go to all that bother w/ the cheesecloth? It seems the results would be the same if you made and finished cooking the soup, cut up the salmon into the size pieces you want, and add them to the hot or barely simmering soup and let cook for a minute or so, til cooked through .Serve.

Nancy March 22, 2015

I also wonder about the cheesecloth. Maybe it's to stop flaking salmon breaking off (as happens when making chowder), but I'd rather have all the fish in my soup, and not fuss with cheesecloth.

sexyLAMBCHOPx March 23, 2015

LBC - The recipe from the site is included with the question.Simply click on the title of the question.

lcolettew
lcolettew March 23, 2015

To inpatskitchen: Thank you. She didn't use smoked salmon either. But she did use fresh bone-in salmon, and that is why she put it in cheesecloth and steeped it in broth, then pulled it out and took out bones. You're recipe seems very close and I thank you very much for your response. I will try it this weekend. :)

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen March 23, 2015

Please let me know how it goes..