A question about a recipe: Smoked Salmon Chowder

08698589 e23f 492d a65c f2bc70e86c49  photo 1

I have a question about the recipe "Smoked Salmon Chowder" from CarolinaEpicurean. Looking for a Salmon soup/stew recipe with butter, milk, and you put salmon in cheesecloth and place it in broth until cooked and add to soup. Do you have a similar recipe

asked by lcolettew over 3 years ago

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I have a recipe that doesn't use smoked salmon but might be what you're looking for..
https://food52.com/recipes...

LE BEC FIN

with no link to the recipe, i don't really understand the issue. Why go to all that bother w/ the cheesecloth? It seems the results would be the same if you made and finished cooking the soup, cut up the salmon into the size pieces you want, and add them to the hot or barely simmering soup and let cook for a minute or so, til cooked through .Serve.

I also wonder about the cheesecloth. Maybe it's to stop flaking salmon breaking off (as happens when making chowder), but I'd rather have all the fish in my soup, and not fuss with cheesecloth.

LBC - The recipe from the site is included with the question.Simply click on the title of the question.

lcolettew

To inpatskitchen: Thank you. She didn't use smoked salmon either. But she did use fresh bone-in salmon, and that is why she put it in cheesecloth and steeped it in broth, then pulled it out and took out bones. You're recipe seems very close and I thank you very much for your response. I will try it this weekend. :)

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Please let me know how it goes..