A question about a recipe: Greek Lemon Soup —Avgolemono

2311e33a 47e9 4504 99e4 dd3d61337348  2017 1212 egglands best sponsored greek soup holiday 3x2 mark weinberg 0128

I have a question about the recipe "Greek Lemon Soup —Avgolemono " from ChristineQ. When I incorporated the egg mixture back into the soup the whipped whites kind of floated on top like pond scum. I had to scoop It off and the soup underneath was pretty good. Anyone make this without whipping the whites and just incorporating the whole eggs

asked by wulfferine75 over 3 years ago

Yes this soup tHough not this recipe, with whole eggs. Tastes great. Just be sure to temper the eggs with some hot soup before adding them to the pot, or else you''ll get scrambled eggs.

dinner at sheila's

Here is an easy and delicious recipe for Avgolomono from my blog.
http://dinneratsheilas.com/post/19840168802/avgolemono-greek-egg-and-lemon-soup

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I tried both ways and experienced similar results to yours when using whipped eggs. I prefer to make avgolemono with beaten eggs, I like the texture of it better...

I have a friend who was raised in Greece, who makes her by whisking together the whole eggs, then tempering them with some hot soup before whisking them into the pot. It is divine.