🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Greek Lemon Soup —Avgolemono

B72c5a52 1d07 417a bc1e ba4bef9194b3  food52 03 26 13 9768

I have a question about the recipe "Greek Lemon Soup —Avgolemono " from ChristineQ. When I incorporated the egg mixture back into the soup the whipped whites kind of floated on top like pond scum. I had to scoop It off and the soup underneath was pretty good. Anyone make this without whipping the whites and just incorporating the whole eggs

asked by wulfferine75 over 2 years ago

Yes this soup tHough not this recipe, with whole eggs. Tastes great. Just be sure to temper the eggs with some hot soup before adding them to the pot, or else you''ll get scrambled eggs.

56b48364 dfd3 46a3 8a88 e67ea8656ecc  closeuo tossing salad for food 52 photo

Here is an easy and delicious recipe for Avgolomono from my blog.
http://dinneratsheilas...

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I tried both ways and experienced similar results to yours when using whipped eggs. I prefer to make avgolemono with beaten eggs, I like the texture of it better...

I have a friend who was raised in Greece, who makes her by whisking together the whole eggs, then tempering them with some hot soup before whisking them into the pot. It is divine.