I made these korean short ribs. They were so salty, we couldn't eat them. How can I make them edible?

What can I do to make them edible? They are cut fairly thin, and were marinated with soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, green onions, and a little sesame oil. I would hate to waste all of that beef! I have about 6 left over.

Pegeen May 12, 2015

You may have to call it a loss. The other thing I can think of is to add them to a BIG pot of black beans while you cook raw beans (and don't add any other salt or seasonings). Before the beans are completely done, remove the ribs and shred the meat from them. If the meat or the beans are not too salty, add some of the shredded meat to the beans before serving.

Pegeen May 12, 2015

You could make very nice tacos with those beans and shredded meat added. Tacos or flat bread, with sour cream or plain greek yogurt, avocado, and chopped (unseasoned) tomato would help reduce any leaning toward a salty taste.

Silvia Chung
Silvia Chung May 12, 2015

Cut into tiny bites and add them to a rice stir-fry. The flavored meat will become like crispy sausage if you heat them up first and then add the rice to it. Throw in some chopped onions and carrots too!

keel
keel May 12, 2015

My first thought was fried rice too but you can also add them to noodles or even a vegetable stir fry.

HalfPint May 12, 2015

Make soup or a stew. If you have any kimchi, maybe make a pseudo-kimchi jigae.

dinner at ten
dinner at ten May 12, 2015

Sliced into small pieces, I think they'd be a great topping for Vietnamese vermicelli salad bowls:
http://vietworldkitchen.typepad.com/blog/2008/08/bun-salad-bowls---a-great-way-to-use-leftovers.html

Jennifer Elmslie
Jennifer Elmslie May 24, 2015

So what I did do was I simmered them for a few hours, changing the water twice. I then drained them, let them cool a bit and shredded them, and made tacos. I seasoned them with chili powder, cumin, garlic, oregano, and a little chipotle sauce. They were quite good! Thank you for your responses! I very much appreciated them.