🔕 🔔

I have a bag of black rice. Any ideas on recipes, or is it strictly used for desserts?

asked by Cindyatbeach over 6 years ago

I use it in stir fry because I like the way it looks against the vegetables.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I have one too that I just keep staring at ... perhaps we should dive in and experiment!

B6a74962 31fc 4e50 b866 0ea34483cfb8  fb avatar

How about making a rissotto with red wine?

It can be served just like white rice as a side dish with and entree. It is tasty, rather like brown rice flavorwise.

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

I like to serve it alongside salmon with a miso glaze or with a wasabi sauce.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

i just had it at a wonderful restaurant in Vermont with Swiss owners -- in a Curried Corn Soup -- just a tablespoon swirled in the center. Beautiful! it was the type called 'forbidden rice.'

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

I like to make chicken curry to serve with the forbidden rice. It makes a great Halloween entree and has a nice nuttiness that works well with sauces. Jane Brody has a great and easy chicken curry recipe that calls for one banana, one apple, and chicken stock cooked with curry spices that is emulsified in a blender to make a wonderful sauce.