🔕 🔔

I have a dressing receipe that calls for white vinegar. I only have white "wine" vinegar in the house. Are they the same/can I substitute?

asked by kkrueger about 6 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

"White vinegar" usually means distilled white vinegar, but you can definitely substitute with white wine vinegar.

They aren't exactly the same, but in my experience, white wine vinegar has a lot more flavor than just distilled white vinegar--a little sweeter, not as astringent. My guess is that your dressing will taste better for using it. (I frequently use the two interchangeably.)