Help! Jello not setting

Making strawberry pretzel salad/ bars for first time. It asks for 2 c boiling water with a small box jello, then 1 1/2 c cold water. Supposedly should have set to egg white consistency in an hour, but its completely liquid! Does it just need more time??

asked by Jennifer W about 3 years ago

Jennifer W

this recipe http://deliciouslysprinkled.com/strawberry-pretzel-bars/

Dona

Are you sure you used a 6 ounce package (or 2 3oz) packs of jello?

cookbookchick

Dona makes a good point. One 6-ounce package of Jello is the large size, not the small size. You say you used a small box. That could be the problem.

That's a lot of liquid for a small box of Jello. The recipe calls for a large box.

Jennifer W

Everyones correct- I never use Jello and dont know why I assumed instead of checking... It was the small box:( :(