I am making Dry-Brine Turkey (Genius) with a kosher turkey (salted to remove all blood) do I still follow the recipe as stated?

Using a kosher turkey...do I need to alter this recipe since a kosher turkey has already been salted to remove all blood.

asked by Reesa almost 3 years ago

Somewhere in the comments section of that recipe Kristen talks about using a kosher turkey for the recipe -- I'm pretty sure she followed the recipe as stated with good results.

Reesa

Thank you for your speedy reply. There was no mention in the cookbook & I never thought to look on Food 52 for comments.

Yes, follow as stated.

GsR
GsR

Be careful with the salt. Koshered turkey will already be salty. So perhaps cut back on the salt