🔕 🔔

I am making Dry-Brine Turkey (Genius) with a kosher turkey (salted to remove all blood) do I still follow the recipe as stated?

Using a kosher turkey...do I need to alter this recipe since a kosher turkey has already been salted to remove all blood.

asked by Reesa almost 2 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Somewhere in the comments section of that recipe Kristen talks about using a kosher turkey for the recipe -- I'm pretty sure she followed the recipe as stated with good results.

C2493065 defa 4ea3 ae9d a412f582c3f5  fb avatar

Thank you for your speedy reply. There was no mention in the cookbook & I never thought to look on Food 52 for comments.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Yes, follow as stated.

GsR

Be careful with the salt. Koshered turkey will already be salty. So perhaps cut back on the salt