🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Breakfast in Bread

3c85a8dc 49da 4211 82bf 177ce81c77c2  dscn7437

I have a question about the recipe "Breakfast in Bread" from inpatskitchen. Have you ever tried substituting in any other flours such as whole wheat or barley?

asked by Megan Town over 2 years ago

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I never have Megan but maybe others will chime in...

catalinalacruz

I have not made this recipe, but I routinely substitute whole wheat flour in everything I bake. For cakes, I use 50% whole wheat flour, sifted to remove the bran. For muffins and other quick breads, I use 100% whole wheat flour, unsifted. For yeast breads, I use 100% whole wheat flour, unsifted, substituting 2 tablespoons of gluten flour for 2 TB whole wheat flour for each 3-4 cups called for in a recipe. I don't have any experience with barley flour. White flour products taste so blah after you get used to whole wheat.