Determining they type of flour

Someone removed the labels from my cake flour and bread flour which are stored in identical containers. Does anyone know a good what to determine which is which?

asked by Eric almost 3 years ago

Can you feel a physical difference in your hands? The cake flour should feel lighter than the bread flour.

Perhaps "lighter" isn't the only descriptor for cake flour. It should also feel "softer."

Anyhow, good luck.

If you can't figure it out, just buy more of each. It's not like flour is priced like Italian truffles. Flour is cheap.

You can combine the two unknown flours and use as "all-purpose."

Regine

Taste both. I think you will see that the cake flour tastes more "acidic.". Also, it may be whiter.