🔕 🔔

I am trying the Judy Bird with 21.8 lb turkey. I salted late on Monday. How long do you think it will cook?

I am taking the turkey to friends' house for 18 people and they want to sit down at 5 sharp. So I am a bit nervous about the timing.

asked by zoemetro uk almost 2 years ago

Bb305185 6b66 45c6 ac96 6204c9dd8a30  dsc09796
Sarah Jampel

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

I think you should allow at least 4 hours in the oven (it might take less time to reach the 165° F mark, but give yourself some wiggle room), though you have to account for resting and carving time, too! I'd get it in at 12 PM if you're eating at 5. And find more info here! https://food52.com/blog...