I'm going to be making french macarons this weekend - I have some violet pastels that I was going to grind up in the cookie, and then use a vanilla buttercream filling. Any suggestions before I embark? I've made them before (different flavoring) to varying success aesthically, though they always taste delish!

asked by dahliat over 7 years ago

Homemadecornbread

Dried lavender blossoms come to mind. Or you could continue the pastel theme and try a batch with some pomegranate liqueur for flavor and color. Hhmm, now I'm thinking lemony using zest, juice and limoncello....

Bevi

The blogger Tartelette has dozens of wonderful french macaron recipes, and this site ran a french macaron contest last spring. You will find great ideas.