A question about a recipe: Kindred's Milk Bread

7c6e8e9a d796 4823 b270 99f3680c8766  2017 0519 kindred restaurant milk bread bobbi lin 26217

I have a question about the recipe "Kindred's Milk Bread" from Catherine O'Donnell. Too much liquid? 1C water & 1C cream to 5 1/3C flour seems like a lot-- my dough is like a batter - before I get to adding the butter. Is that ok?

asked by margot493 over 2 years ago

ktr
ktr

I just made these today and the amounts worked perfectly for me. Did you cook the flour and water on the stovetop until I thick?

margot493

I did - until it was thickening 'like a roux' but looser...the only thing different was that I used all purpose flour because I didn't have bread flour. I didn't think it would make that much difference. Or maybe it's my understanding of how thick the 'not quite roux' should be... anyway, the batter/dough is rising nicely but I don't know if it'll come out right in the end...will let y'all know. thanks for reply.

A Lee

I agree with ktr. I cooked the roux for the full 5 min and it did become much thicker. Please try it again because it really does work. You could use the weights that are listed in the comments section.