🔕 🔔

Can you braise ribeye steaks?

I'd love to use this recipe. https://food52.com/recipes... It seems boeuf bourguignon-esque with a few twists. Normally my go to for braising is a super marbles chuck roast. However, I only have two huge ribeye steaks at my disposal. Can they be braised? Thank soooooo much!

asked by Diari over 1 year ago
F92231df 227e 4486 9cc8 279621ca1481  harvest party

Obviously you can but I am not sure you want to. You may get better answers from people with better knowledge of the cuts of beef, but braising is usually for tough cuts, and the rib eyes are already tender. I think of rib eyes to go on the grill and am afraid the texture would be seriously degraded by braising.

On the other hand if that is what you have and you want to try it - you'll find out. There is no danger just maybe not the optimum use for that cut. Let us know what you do.

4223dba4 2d4f 40f7 9f71 f8b6c57faca4  image

Thanks for y'all's (too country?) answers! I normally make my ribeyes in a more traditionally manner. These are sooooo nice too, and I would hate to ruin them :/

I think you've answered your own question. You WOULD be ruining your rib eyes if you braise them.