🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Stir-fried rice noodles with minced pork and black bean

6be24e51 677f 428f 8c7c 81494824ade5  2016 0920 stir fried rice noodles pork black bean bobbi lin 6048

I have a question about the recipe "Stir-fried rice noodles with minced pork and black bean" from Kirthana | Theblurrylime. I don't have black bean sauce but I do have fermented black beans. Can I substitute those just by mashing, without worrying about any of the other ingredients one would find in the sauce? Thank you so much. (I'm making this tonight!) ;o)

asked 11 months ago
0022585b ac31 476f 99fb ddea69bdece6  fb avatar

I looked at my jar of black bean sauce and here are the ingredients: fermented black beans, garlic, miso, sugar, naturally brewed soy sauce, salt, vinegar, cornstarch, ginger. So if you doctor it up a little, it should work.

@AJ, I think you can. All those ingredients in the recipe are in Ming Tsai's recipe for black bean-garlic sauce, so you should be ok. Here's the recipe: @AJ, you can make black bean sauce with those fermented black beans: https://www.ming.com/food...

I think you can make this. Doesn't look like it takes that long to make a batch.

Oops, don't know what happened. Sorry for the double post.

BTW, soak the beans in some water to reduce the saltiness.