🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Bucatini all’Amatriciana

12628045 1c82 4934 a0a4 64a2d2f48979  2016 0307 amatriciana pasta with guanciale james ransom 071

I have a question about the recipe "Bucatini all’Amatriciana" from Sara Jenkins. When do you put in the peppers and parsley?

asked by Christin about 2 years ago

Cav
Cav

Parsley for is always a finishing herb, mixed in as the last ingredient. The chilli peppers I'd crumble and add as the tomato reduces, being ready to add more as time goes on. Sometimes the heat dissipates with cooking, sometimes not. So taste taste taste.

Similar answer here; It's not my recipe but I would open the peppers and discard the seed. I would break up the peppers with a knife and cook them with the pancetta. I would finish with the parsley over everything.

Just to be the voice of discontent, I don't care for raw parsley. I agree with the peppers, but I would add the parsley while tossing the pasta with the sauce.

This is why there are so many versions of even ancient recipes.

Sara Jenkins

I would add half the parsley and crumbled chili just before I add the tomatoes. I would add the other half of the parsley at the end when tossing the sauce with the pasta