A question about a recipe: Bucatini all’Amatriciana

I have a question about the recipe "Bucatini all’Amatriciana" from Sara Jenkins. When do you put in the peppers and parsley?

12628045 1c82 4934 a0a4 64a2d2f48979  2016 0307 amatriciana pasta with guanciale james ransom 071
Recipe question for: Bucatini all’Amatriciana

Cav
Cav April 12, 2016

Parsley for is always a finishing herb, mixed in as the last ingredient. The chilli peppers I'd crumble and add as the tomato reduces, being ready to add more as time goes on. Sometimes the heat dissipates with cooking, sometimes not. So taste taste taste.

pierino April 12, 2016

Similar answer here; It's not my recipe but I would open the peppers and discard the seed. I would break up the peppers with a knife and cook them with the pancetta. I would finish with the parsley over everything.

Susan W April 12, 2016

Just to be the voice of discontent, I don't care for raw parsley. I agree with the peppers, but I would add the parsley while tossing the pasta with the sauce.

This is why there are so many versions of even ancient recipes.

Sara Jenkins
Sara Jenkins April 13, 2016

I would add half the parsley and crumbled chili just before I add the tomatoes. I would add the other half of the parsley at the end when tossing the sauce with the pasta