What are your favorite nut-free baked goods

I know the favourites of course, like lemon bread and chocolate chip cookies - but now that I want to bake more often (and we've got a serious nut allergy in the office) - I'm trying to spice up my baked goods somehow...

asked by Gabriella Gricius 10 months ago
7e9a094f 8ad7 42c2 bc36 172f564127df  stringio

YUMMY Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles:
1 Medium avocado
10 oz. dark chocolate chips divided,
2 Tbs coca powder.
Cut and scoop avocado into food processor, smooth.
Roughly chop 1/2 of the choc chips, set aside.
Microwave the rest of the chocolate chips 10 second intervals, sort after each one.
Until completely melted.
Place avocado with the melted chocolate in a bowl, mix with chip chips that were chopped. Refrigerate one hour covered.
Scoop out one tablespoon, roll into ball, repeat, put coca powder in a bowl and roll balls in it.
Keep in fridge. They are really great tasting. Just sweet enough. I also roll them in powdered sugar for more sweetness. ENJOY!

Not sort STIR after each one!! sorry. spell check.

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

I'd rely on the standard sugar cookie or shortbread.

811e1ed1 7ab7 42e6 a995 dac26bd3a728  img 4692

Millionaire Bars by Claire Robinson, Five Ingredients or Less
1 stick of butter salted (plus extra for the pans)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
Pulse dry ingredients in food processor until combined. Add butter that has been cubed and pulse until pea size. Press into a prepared (buttered and floured) 8 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees about 18-20 minute or until edges are light golden in color. Set aside and let it cool to room temperature.
Caramel Layer
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 T. butter
In a small saucepan, combine ingredients. Over medium/low heat slowly bring the mixture to a boil STIRRING CONSTANTLY until the mixture is thick and amber in color. Be patient, it takes about 15-20 minutes.
Pour over shortbread layer spreading evenly with an offset spatula.
Chocolate Topping
Melt 1/2 pound dark chocolate (I use Trader Joe's) in a glass bowl over simmering water. When melted pour over caramel. Cool at room temperature for 10 minutes and then refrigerate to setup. Cut into squares or bite-sized pieces.

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

I like these https://food52.com/blog...
https://food52.com/blog... - I also add a teaspoon of Chinese 5 spice
https://food52.com/blog... - sometimes I add 4 pieces of crumbles bacon to these which is a hit, 2 for the inside and 2 for the top
A basic lemon bar.