🔕 🔔

how long to marinate salmon

we are planning to grill tonight to eat in 2 hours. I have an olive oil based mediterranean marinade. How long should I marinate it for? Thank you

asked by Mommaj's almost 2 years ago

An hour is probably long enough. Maybe even 20 minutes if it contains acid. I have been marinating salmon with no acid overnight which results in wonderful flavor. Acid changes the texture of fish, so less time is better.

PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Susan is right, depends on the marinade but 30 minutes should be good. Salmon has such a nice flavor it doesn't need to be over marinated