A question about a recipe: Whole Wheat Pita

B432e7d6 812e 43d5 a3ea e52e3d6b3b98  2016 0511 baking basics preferments linda xiao 088

I have a question about the recipe "Whole Wheat Pita" from Erin McDowell. Please clarify the liquid measures in this recipe. ;o) 1 cup of water = 8 fluid ounces, which weighs 8.32 ounces on a typical kitchen scale, or 236 grams (not 226 grams, which is the metric conversion for 8 standard ounces). Thanks so much.

former Community Editor

To anyone else who might be wondering, this question has been addressed by the author on the recipe page.

Thanks! For anyone else interested in this recipe, I'll be posting this weekend the ingredient quantities in mass measures (grams) for those of us whose scales don't include decimal based ounces - or who otherwise prefer the convenience of metric. For example, it's so much easier to see the ratios when quantities are expressed in grams. ;o)