🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Cinnamon Rolls

C9f564a8 2850 4d28 a8ce 3685e10b1536  17170272651 0caebeae78 b

I have a question about the recipe "Cinnamon Rolls" from Erin McDowell. Could you please convert the measures into the metric system? I'm from Europe and i'd really like to try this recipe :)

asked by Ana almost 2 years ago

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

Ana - Here's a link to an online converter tool. http://www.convert-me.com...

The only problem with the one Trina posted is that it doesn't specify the ingredient. A cup of flour has a different weight than a cup of sugar, for example. There are conversion charts that let you type in the specific ingredient. I believe it's Greenspace who linked one here a while back, so hopefully she'll see this question. If not, a Google search will probably produce one. A scale that converts is probably my favorite kitchen gadget.

SilverSage

King Arthur has a good chart.
http://www.kingarthurflour...

The recipe actually has weight-based measurements for everything but the icing.

1 ounce = 28.375 grams

You can do the math yourself.

As for the icing, one cup is 240 millilitres. You will want to measure this out, then weigh it so you don't have to pull out the measuring cup again.

Odd that the recipe author did not bother to do the mass-based measurements for this part of the recipe. The recipe is a hodge podge of measurements (some Imperial weight, some metric weight, some Imperial volume).

One volumetric ounce is 30 milliliters. One ounce = 2 tablespoons = 6 teaspoons.

Thus a tablespoon is 15 ml, a teaspoon is 5 ml.

All this information is readily available online with judicious use of a search engine.

Anyhow, good luck with the recipe.

Your Guardian Chef

My Blog is for an international community and my readers are from everywhere.

So to help out with measurements I created a 1 page conversion chart (metrics, imperial, cups, temperatures) with the most common measurements used in cooking. It is easy to look up even if your hands are dirty.

You can download and print it.

Plus as my 9yrs son loves to draw figurines, I had him draw some to make the chart more fun.
http://yourguardianchef...

Hope it can help

Your conversion chart is delightful and well as being helpful, Guardian Chef. Those line drawings are priceless. Bravo, Francesco (for the drawings as well as his award . . . . such talent!) ;o)

Your Guardian Chef

Thank you Antonia James. He was so proud. Prince Albert inaugurated the Digue in Monaco and took a picture with him. I will update the article and post the picture on the blog, by coincidence, they are dressed the same ;-)