A question about a recipe: Cinnamon Rolls

I have a question about the recipe "Cinnamon Rolls" from Erin McDowell. Could you please convert the measures into the metric system? I'm from Europe and i'd really like to try this recipe :)

• Posted by: Ana
  • June 19, 2016
C9f564a8 2850 4d28 a8ce 3685e10b1536  17170272651 0caebeae78 b
Recipe question for: Cinnamon Rolls

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich June 19, 2016

Ana - Here's a link to an online converter tool. http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/cooking/

Susan W June 19, 2016

The only problem with the one Trina posted is that it doesn't specify the ingredient. A cup of flour has a different weight than a cup of sugar, for example. There are conversion charts that let you type in the specific ingredient. I believe it's Greenspace who linked one here a while back, so hopefully she'll see this question. If not, a Google search will probably produce one. A scale that converts is probably my favorite kitchen gadget.

SilverSage
SilverSage June 19, 2016

King Arthur has a good chart.
http://www.kingarthurflour...

702551
702551 June 19, 2016

The recipe actually has weight-based measurements for everything but the icing.

1 ounce = 28.375 grams

You can do the math yourself.

As for the icing, one cup is 240 millilitres. You will want to measure this out, then weigh it so you don't have to pull out the measuring cup again.

Odd that the recipe author did not bother to do the mass-based measurements for this part of the recipe. The recipe is a hodge podge of measurements (some Imperial weight, some metric weight, some Imperial volume).

One volumetric ounce is 30 milliliters. One ounce = 2 tablespoons = 6 teaspoons.

Thus a tablespoon is 15 ml, a teaspoon is 5 ml.

All this information is readily available online with judicious use of a search engine.

Anyhow, good luck with the recipe.

AntoniaJames June 20, 2016

Your conversion chart is delightful and well as being helpful, Guardian Chef. Those line drawings are priceless. Bravo, Francesco (for the drawings as well as his award . . . . such talent!) ;o)