Best wine recs for Chinese? Potstickers, Seabass, etc?

asked by @elizabeth almost 8 years ago

jwolfsthal

German whites go very well, especially with any spicy chinese or thai. If you are using a soy or chili dipping sauce for the dumplings or the fish, then a dry or slightly sweet Reisling would be terrific. Another option is a dry rose - great NYT article this weekn on not keeping Rose for the summer.

Anitalectric
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

Potstickers and other Chinese appetizers are great with lager beer!

bofbox

If you live near a Trader Joe's I highly recommend an Alsatian Gewürztraminer. It's sweet yet with spicy food is always a nice surprise.

bella s.f.

Alsatian whites are the way to go. A dry, crisp, spicy Gewurttaminer would be a winner.

latoscana

Champagne goes with everything.