Can u use thawed frozen bananas in baking?

Want to make a cake that calls for bananas and have bunch frozen ones in freezer. Can I thaw and use?

asked by Lara about 2 years ago

Jalapenocheese

Yes! Use the liquid too.

Ben McCulloch

Yes that is what I do for banana bread. Freezing them causes the water in the cells to rupture the cells walls so once they thaw you have a lot of liquid to help make the baked goods moist.

Lara

How thaw?

Let them sit out on the counter for a few hours then thaw the rest of the way in the fridge.
I've been known to put them in the microwave, too, when the urge to make banana muffins strikes and the only ripe bananas on the premises are rock hard in the freezer. ;o)

Absolutely! I do it all the time. I tend to have big eyes when I buy bananas so there are always frozen bananas in the freezer.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

I freeze them all the time for smoothies, no reason to ever throw a banana away.