A question about a recipe: Roasted Tomato, Whipped Burrata, and Basil Oil Soup

32100559 93e1 4521 a0cb d7ccd47b1e57  2013 0903 cp tomato soup whipped burrata 013

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Tomato, Whipped Burrata, and Basil Oil Soup" from inpatskitchen. Does this soup also work well cold?

asked by Debora Schaer about 2 years ago

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

I would message her either in the comments of the recipe or directly to her, you can look up her member profile.

Debora Schaer

Thank u

Just so you know Phil, when you ask the question from the recipe page the way Debora did, it automatically shoots the question to the recipe author.

Phil is right, the best practice is to contact the recipe author directly.

First of all, this alerts the author that the recipe might need to be edited in all the places that it is posted (cross-posting recipes on the Internet is very commonplace these days).

Second, on a more practical note, it is hard to remember the individual website practices. One website might automatically alert the recipe author if a question is posted, another website might not. They all probably *should*, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they *do*.

I read too many websites to remember all the practices of each site, so I just take the approach of contacting the author directly first. It saves me the effort of trying to remember which site does what.

At least here, if you publish recipes at Food52, you'll understand the general policy, but many readers here do not upload recipes.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Hi Debora! I think this would be fine served cold...just whisk it well before serving.

Debora Schaer

Thank u! It's already in the fridge.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Thanks Susan, good to know

You're very welcome.