A question about a recipe: Muffalettas for a Crowd

85e16d2c 4edc 42d3 a57f a14297f74124  muff 52

I have a question about the recipe "Muffalettas for a Crowd" from Kees To The Kitchen. Can you tell me if you drain the olives, and other jarred veggies?

asked by Beth about 2 years ago

former Community Editor

Yes, if you're using jarred olives and jarred roasted peppers, you'll want to drain them.

I'm an old hand at muffalettas New Orleans style and I prefer to use olives bought in bulk rather than jarred.

Agree Lindsay-Jean.
But/and if I were making this, I'd keep the drained liquid...either to use if I wanted to make the sandwiches moister, or as part of a salad dressing (probably use up within a week).

I'm with Nancy. I always add some of the pickling juice to the dressing. Maybe if just preference.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

definitely drain them, the recipe calls for oil and vinegar on the sandwich already. that added liquid will just make the sandwich soggy.