i'm going on a camping trip just for one night and i wanted to bring a bunch of oysters with me. whats the best way to keep the fresh???

We buy them still in the shell from a local seafood market.

asked by Elizabeth Sevillano over 2 years ago

Assuming you're going to eat them that same night (best, but not absolutely required) and that you're talking car camping, not backpacking, it's pretty easy. Put them in a cooler on top of (not in) ice. You don't want to drown them in the melting ice, but you do want to keep them cool. Don't eat any that gape and won't close. Have a great time.

Elizabeth Sevillano

Awesome, that's great!! Thank you so much that was really helpful.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Don't transport them in a plastic bag, they will suffocate , if you have them in plastic you have to leave the bag open

Oh yes, thanks for adding that PHIL.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

How are you eating them ?