A question about a recipe: Classic Tiramisu

Ab819d9d 47b4 4962 8d15 f294ae50585d  tiramisu img 6333 753

I have a question about the recipe "Classic Tiramisu" from Emiko. Regarding the egg whites, am I basically making a sugar free meringue?

asked by Jacob Crim about 2 years ago

By definition, a meringue is egg whites and sugar, so it's not a meringue without either one. Just call it whipped egg whites.

In the same manner, you wouldn't call a bowl of sugar an egg-free meringue.

You're whipping the whites to stiff peaks in order to lighten the mascarpone filling.

That's a particularly interesting question because I've never used egg whites in my Tira Mi Su. And I learned it from a native italian, so I know it's "authentic." ;-)