Our little rice cooker, now in red + brass for the holidays. Shop the exclusive »
🔕 🔔

Can I make stuffing the day 8 hours prior to serving dinner, if so am I am to reheat it in the oven or micowave

Can I make stuffing 8 hours prior to serving the Turkey Dinenr? If so should I reheat in the oven or Micro wave?

asked by Cynthia Coppola 19 days ago
Bb305185 6b66 45c6 ac96 6204c9dd8a30  dsc09796
Sarah Jampel

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

Hi Cynthia,

Yes, you can definitely make the stuffing ahead of time! Let it cool completely before you store in the fridge. I'd reheat it in a low temperature (300° to 350° F) oven, tented with aluminum foil as to not dry it out (but if you want a crisp top, remove the foil for the last few minutes!).

You could also assemble the stuffing, keep it in the fridge, then bake it off closer to the meal time. That will make more a moister stuffing, as the bread will absorb the liquid over time. You might need to even add more liquid, in that case.