🔕 🔔

You can, but your crust will not be as crisp. The humidity in the fridge makes it soggy.

98963e49 dff5 4f2d a569 4ff81cc5de0f  fn author dorie greenspan tiny
Dorie Greenspan

Dorie is a food writer and award-winning author of twelve cookbooks, her latest is Dorie's Cookies.

Normally, as Chef June, said, crusts don't fare so well in the fridge. But this is a nut crust and the filling has to be chilled for a couple of hours anyway, so I think you'll be making it a day ahead. In fact, looking at the ingredients for the filling (I haven't made this recipe), I'm thinking that you could even freeze the tart - something to think about the next time you need a bake-ahead. Happy Thanksgiving -

Eda594a1 14c2 498e a074 a29c7004371d  img 5069

The chocolate would survive being frozen? So if I were to bake today and freeze, what would be the best method of defrosting? Thank you!!

Dorie Greenspan

Cool the tart in the pan. When it reaches room temperature, freeze it just long enough to set it, then wrap it really well. Defrost, sill wrapped, in the refrigerator. I've done this with other ganache tarts and been successful. I'm betting it will work for this tart.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

I think this is true - I've never tried freezing a whole one, but I have frozen partial leftover chocolate tarts (not this specific recipe) and it's been fine when defrosted.

Wow, that is so interesting, and good to know! ;o)