🔕 🔔

Baking a frozen pie, and adding a decorative (non frozen crust border)

I am baking a store bought frozen pie, but I want to dress it up a bit. So I got a leaf shaped cookie cutter to cut out leaves in a pie crust (non frozen) , and then add it around the frozen pie which has a bake time of 60 minutes. My question is at what point should I add on the decorative crust so that it doesn't burn?

asked by lisaloowho over 1 year ago

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

Here are some tips from Marie Callender's for adding decorations to frozen pies: https://www.facebook.com...

8bbfe648 dc7e 43f9 816b 4de4ae50eec7  photo
SMSF

SMSF is a trusted home cook.

Whenever I've added leaf cutouts (or whatever shape you want) to the top of a pumpkin pie, I cheat on the timing by baking the cutouts separately like a little batch of cookies. Then I put them on top of the pie when the pie is done or almost done. No guesswork needed, and it looks great.