🔕 🔔

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

It should take about an hour and a half, but I would start checking the temperature at an hour (or sooner can't hurt!).

Better yet, listen to Michael!

C96a7ca4 226e 40d7 93f8 a8f7ca892ea3  stringio
Michael Ruhlman

Michael is a food critic and established cookbook author -- Ruhlman's Twenty and Egg: A Culinary Exploration are the most recent additions to his vast body of work.

As the chefs used to tell us in cooking school, angry and annoyed, "TILL IT'S DONE." The fact is every oven is different. What was its internal temp when going in the oven? Did you let it sit out at room temperature for a couple of hours? It should take 45 to 70 minutes, I'm guessing. Press on it, if you can feel that the center is squishy, not done. It should have some give but not too much. Let it rest at least 15 mins before carving. pull from oven at 145 - 150 if you have a thermometer.

Hi Michael!

Thank you so much! My turkey is pulled out and will be roasted in a couple hours:) And, I have my digital thermometer so I should be all set!! Thank you thank Kristen and Michael - you both are awesome!! Happy Happy Thanksgiving to you both!!!